Select the space to suit your needs from a wide array of choices. From ballrooms to boardrooms and every room in between, our flexible downtown Washington DC meeting rooms can be set up in just about any style to satisfy your requirements.
To ensure your event meets your standards, all of our downtown DC meeting rooms and banquet facilities offer individual controls for heat / air conditioning, sound, music, telephones, multiple electrical / microphone outlets, audiovisual equipment, and 100V single-phase and 220V single-phase electricity.
The Thornton Room
Located on the 11th floor, the rich decor of warm colors and luxurious finishes sets the tone for an elegant gathering. Guests enter through a rotunda of marble and granite flooring, walls of chocolate colored leather and a specially designed chandelier. Woolen carpets woven in England, stained walnut woodwork and champagne colored wall coverings provide a beautiful setting for any event.
The Thornton Room has been carefully planned to allow for maximum flexibility by utilizing wood and etched glass panels to divide the space into a series of three smaller rooms. Choose this unique setting to add a refined touch to a theater-style presentation for 40 or an intimate reception for up to 200 guests.
The Thornton Room also features a pre-set lounge which can accommodate up to 90 people for a reception.
- Capitol Room — The custom made chandeliers and dark wood paneling lends an upscale, welcoming feel to this ample space. Host an important industry conference for 320 in a theater setting, or lead a presentation to 110 in a U-shape. This flexible space can also be divided into two separate rooms.
- Congressional Rooms — Choose these four rooms that can be used either singly or in various combinations. The adjoining foyer is ideal for pre-meeting continental breakfast or registration for your meeting. Capacities range from 16 boardroom style to 300 for a reception.
- Regency Ballroom – Utilize this expansive room when you need to accommodate 1,500 in a theater set up, to accommodate 1,030 for a fundraising gala or to hold an exhibition highlighting new products. The ballroom can be divided into four sections of varying capacities for break-outs or smaller meetings. These rooms serve groups of 30 to 800, depending upon set up. Add the Regency Foyer for even more space or to be used as a pre-function/registration area.
- Hall of Battles, Bunker Hill, Lexington, Concord – Each of these meeting rooms provide facilities for more intimate gatherings, such as committee meetings with 10 or a group of 30 department heads. The open Hall of Battles provides a perfect spot for gathering prior to events taking place in these venues, as well as several other meeting rooms.
- Columbia Ballroom – Comprised of three large rooms and a foyer, this junior ballroom conveniently arranges to host everything from a classroom set-up for 240 to a boardroom for 30. Create a grand finale with a sit-down dinner for 360, or an elegant reception for 450.
Second Floor Conference Level
- Grand Canyon & Olympic — Elegantly outfitted pre-set boardrooms, designed to accommodate 12 or 20, respectively.
- Bryce, Glacier, Grand Teton, Redwood, Sequoia and Yosemite — An array of rooms ranging from 340 to 575 square feet, with capabilities to fit a wide variety of room set-ups. Ideal for classroom groups to 24, theater-style for 45 or luncheons for up to 30.
- Everglades & Yellowstone — These two spaces can combine to serve slightly larger gatherings in this collection of meeting rooms. From rounds of 10 for 70 to 40 people conference style. Utilize the rooms separately or together to suit your needs.
- Expert on-site staff, professional technicians and operators to help you formulate and execute your ideas and event
- Comprehensive selection of high-tech equipment, including digital audio, professional cameras, multi-image presentations and computer data projection
- Webcasting and archiving of all your meeting presentations
- Exhibit displays and set design with flat screen and plasma monitors
- Computers and networking capabilities, such as wired to wireless Internet access for an Internet cafe set-up
- Lighting and special effects, including concert sound systems
- Budget planning, to ensure your costs stay in line
To reserve space for your next event, please call 202-719-8400 to speak to one of our experienced Catering Managers, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.